Thursday, August 4, 2011

Did The Little Men See Me?

I came out a weird door.  There weren't any sparkly lights or magic dots.  I did get disoriented by the construction walls and cranes.  That jackass security guard was lucky I had my badge on or I would have socked him in the mouth for mocking my dazed stupor.

That actually happened last night, but it is a parallel to my life.  I feel like every day I wake up and walk out a weird door.  The only time I don't feel disoriented is in the world of intensive care.  The medical world is home to me.  I know that is utterly sad.

It's kind of like my life, my house is a fun house that isn't fun.  The mirrors give off reflections that are definitely skewed.  I don't see myself or my surroundings in a realistic way.  I survive by my trademark inappropriate humor and biting wit.  It is highly offensive to some.  I am the scary clown you don't want at your parties.

Luckily, I am a good faker.  In Bye Bye Birdie style  "Wipe off that "full of doubt" look, Slap on a happy grin!" I'm just waiting for the day, or night, to walk out the right door, into the right place, at the right time, with the right supplies, to the right reception...no magic needed.  Yeah, right.  I may as well throw in a Bugatti-with-the-winning-Powerball-ticket-in-the-driver's-seat-waiting at the end of that list.

Gray skies are gonna clear up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation