Friday, December 9, 2011

Failed Send

I figured out this week why sometimes it seems like my life is exceptionally shitty.  Why, it seems, that even when I pray, those words just float off into the galaxy or a black hole.  They are going out as text messages and the reception is quite poor.

My friend, Christi, lives in Texas.  I sent her a text around 1:30am the other day.  I figure that's ok since she's a couple or so hours behind me.  In my sleepy state, I must have typed or started typing twice.  When I woke up the next morning, I had a failed send to Christ.  Aha!  there it is!  He is not getting my messages!

That is a much better answer than just being ignored, don't you think?  I'm going to continue to believe this because it's funny and I can live with it.  When a lot of the people you love and care about are struggling with similar or even very different things, it's hard to feel ok leaning on them or dumping on them.  But, we can all crack jokes about sending a text message to God and it not going through.  We can also joke about my Jewish Christmas tree, but that's a whole other story.  Mazal Tov!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation