Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Get Ready for IT

IT is pretty important.  I'm past midnight, so technically, IT's under a month, but only by 45 minutes at this second.

February 16th is the day I buried my daughter four years ago.  This time of year is a bitch.  Every day can bring something that is a reminder without the slightest warning.  It actually starts on January 2.  That was the first day she almost died. When you have a terminally ill child at home, there are no normal days. 

It is important to me that I honor Olivia's memory each year (truly each day) by celebrating her life and all that it was and not just the sadness that marks the anniversary of her death.  Over the next month, I want to educate about ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum) and introduce Olivia to those of you who never had the pleasure of meeting her.  For me, it's therapeutic to share the good and the bad.  Trust me, both are fantastic in the true meaning of the word and the bad is heavy. 

I'm edgy tonight.  My fuse is short.  That's almost always a sign that it's an Olivia day.  There will be lots of those in the coming weeks.  If only I had her here instead of the memories...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation