Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You Like Happy Ending?

If you've read my bio, you know I've had bad luck in the way of love.  There are always two sides to every story, at least in most cases.  But, honestly, both of mine were directly related to the mens' lack of will and character needed to raise a child with special needs.  Not even her father could do it after the second year.

Kelly and I met when he was 12 and I was 15.  I'm working on 38 now so it's been a while.  We realized who each other was again when his sister found me on MySpace (tumbleweeds blowing by) during my daughter's last months.  She brought me up to speed on his life.  I don't know what he was hearing or thinking.  I kept up with him, but when your only child is dying is not the time to stalk someone into a relationship.  It took a couple of years.  We'd been chatting online, but Mr. Shyness held off.  I was chomping at the bit!  When we saw each other for the the first time, it was kind of sparky.  BUT, it was still four months before he asked me out.  Since then, we've been on the fast track.  It's kind of like Thunder Road.  It's not the tallest, fastest roller coaster at Carowinds anymore, and it's a little jerky and rough in places, but it still gives you major thrills.  We are incredibly passionate about each other and both brick-wall stubborn.

Maybe this time, it's like a special massage parlor...maybe this time I get my happy ending. I would definitely like one, but I'm not going to count on it until someone says it's legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation