Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

It's been three months since I posted anything!  In blogger time, that seems like an eternity.  In my real life, it seems like three days.

I could not allow Thanksgiving to pass without public acknowledgment of the things for which I give thanks.  This year, especially, I am thankful.  Gone are the Thanksgivings of dread. 

This sweet, happy boy has renewed and restored my soul.  No, I have not forgotten Olivia.  Yes, I still miss her every single day.  Now, that is not all I feel.  I am thrilled to feel happy again!  I love mothering.  I love everything about it.  I'm sleep deprived.  I need a mani/pedi.  My house isn't company clean.  I'm poor.  Not a single one of those things matters.  Every day, I thank God for the gift of motherhood and for another day spent with Emory. 

I am more thankful for my husband as well.  Seeing him as a father is like cleaning a dirty pair of eyeglasses.  I see him differently.  I see parts of him that I haven't seen before. 

As we go into this holiday season, I hope each of you finds things that make you happy and thankful.  I hope that you find peace, happiness and pie!

1 comment:

Awaiting moderation