Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Wishes

It's Thanksgiving eve.  As many of you are, I am reflecting on the things in my life and this world for which I am thankful.  As I stated in a Facebook post a couple of weeks ago, I am truly thankful every day.  It's why I don't gush so much on the actual day of Thanksgiving.  True story: when I pull into the parking deck at work and manage to snag a space within site of the doors, I say a little prayer of thanks.

This year, I have much more thanks to give.  My husband and I have celebrated our first anniversary without having been in marriage counseling or jail.  We have this seemingly perfect little son on the way.  My job is safe, for the moment, at a time when many people are losing theirs.  I have not lost a loved one this year.  All in all, it's pretty stellar.

I am especially thankful that my all day/all night pregnancy sickness is over in time for scrumptious meals to be had.  I am so looking forward to turkey cooked at home.  Deli meats are off limits, but properly cooked, then cooled turkey from home is safe for a cold sandwich.  Think it's not a big deal?  Try heating the roast beef from Jimmy John's and then adding it back to your cold sandwich.  Blech.  I'm dreaming of pumpkin and pecan pies.  I'm going to attempt to make my mother's recipe for pecan pie.  She made a fantastic one.

As you eat or watch football or drift off to sleep, I wish you another year of life, freedoms, love, and peace.  I wish for America to get out of war so that our soldiers and their families can have peace.  I wish for Republicans and Democrats to stop throwing stones and act like adults with differences of opinions. 

I wish you all a bountiful meal so that your belly is not hungry.  I wish you all a warm bed in a safe place.  I wish you all love and joy.  I am thankful to my family, friends, co-workers and those of you who read my thoughts from across the globe.  Thank you for support, friendship, love, and fun. 



blog.zealousgood.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation