Saturday, November 10, 2012

Body Art

It's been a while since my last post.  I wanted to avoid all of the political and election drama.  I'm glad it's over.  I also wanted to find something else other than pregnancy to write about.  I will, but not tonight.

Today, I went to a Baby Belly Bazaar.

It was loads of fun!  I went with my friend Kristen, who is a doula.  There was a lot of activity and information.  I honestly thought I wouldn't learn much.  I mean, I HAVE given birth before, you know?  There were several groups of midwives and practitioners represented from places other than where I go for prenatal care.  I actually did get some new knowledge.  I also received a little pampering.  I do not have a beautiful pregnant belly, but you're gonna see it.

First, I was on display getting a henna tattoo on my bump.  This stuff is cool!  Those are tiny hand prints on the left...one slightly larger representing my husband and me.  There are tiny footprints on the right for the baby.  There are also two Ks.

Next, I had a photo taken by a professional photographer for $5.  Not too shabby.  Then, it was onto investigating the booths while waiting for my massage time slot.  Yes, a 15 minute, free prenatal massage.  The lady had these wedges so I could lie on my belly side without any pressure on the baby.  It felt soooo amazing!

I skipped the belly casting.  I mean, it would be cool, but it was in the wide open and I didn't want my boobs  on display.  There were a lot of people there and some men included.  A newspaper photographer took my pic getting the tattoo.  That was enough exposure.

After that, I let an artist do a painting on my big ol' belly.  This may be the coolest thing I've ever done.

    
I saw a lot of painted bellies today, but I think mine was by far the best.  She just kept going with the details!

If you're pregnant and you haven't done anything fun to celebrate your growing body, I highly recommend something like this.  I don't feel beautiful on a regular basis, but I felt it today.



4 comments:

  1. 1) Your pregnant belly IS beautiful
    2) Your belly painting was the best
    3) Thank you for going with me!
    4) I'm so happy you had a good time.
    5) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I accept your opinion of mine vs theirs since you saw the others ;-). Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like loads of fun!! Glad you had a great day to celebrate something so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Angie! You should find something fun to do!

      Delete

Awaiting moderation