Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Back from the edge

For the love of all things purple...

Writing is how I cleanse my soul. It's how I clear the spiderweb of thoughts that cloud my mind. Living as a single mother for four and a half years has taken a toll. This is the first time I've sat to write in two years, I'm pretty sure.

We've lived with my late husband's parents for a year and a half. My son, and I, needed some stability and I needed  help. I made some poor choices after suddenly becoming a widow at 41. Shocking, eh? I am completely over people who say, "It could be worse". Yeah?

I had it worse. I held my daughter as she died. I held my mother as she died. I miscarried three pregnancies. I don't whine. It's ok if I express frustration. It's ok if I express anger. It's ok if I express sadness. When you devalue my feelings, that says something about you, not me.

Speaking of devaluing, what about the shit show that is this laughable administration? Every single day, some other horror is broadcast from his grotesque orange face. How anyone, particularly those claiming to be followers of Christ, support and defend DJT is beyond my comprehension. People I've known my whole life are foreign to me now. In the past 3 years, the USA has gone from a world power to a world circus.

I want to move to a foreign country where all people have equal rights and our taxes are used for the good of everyone. If you have insights, shoot me a message.

Happy holidays, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting moderation